“Only a complete fool accepts things as fact without proof.” -G.Olson, thebraveatheist.
Why this blog!?
This blog is here because I thought that my co-workers and my boss might be a little put off by my atheist thoughts. I don’t want people to leave my Facebook just because they feel uncomfortable with my views because I respect everyone’s freedom to believe whatever they want. If you believe in the Easter Bunny then that is your prerogative and none of my business .
Do I hate theists?
I don’t! I have nothing against religious people but despise the lies and deceit of religion. My belief in logic and reason relegates religious practice to a mindless belief in something to avoid the inevitability of the unknown/death. We created GOD in OUR image to believe that our infinitesimal asses do not disappear at the end of the physical being. My version of “Hate the sin, love the sinner” is “Hate the deception, love the deceived” so I’ll try not to offend to much, but the promise is thin, even if it is not always an easy task with all those religious idiots such as Pat Robertson and Joel Osteen out there. Besides, if I was not insulting, religious people would not stay here and listen to my arguments in order to give a response unfounded in science, reason or proof and I actually WANT that. People tend to listen to your opinions more when you are hypercritical and challenge the core of something that is the cornerstone of their being, and I serve the purpose of trying to enlighten the lemming populace that they have been hoo-dooed by the vast machinations of the religious juggernaut. So, MOVE OVER Milquetoast! You will need a quick mind to try and Bill O’Reilly my ass!
Atheism is often used disparagingly to describe an angry person who is denying god for whatever hateful reason they can conjure. This is an absolutely biased, untrue position on a very sensible choice. Atheism is nothing more than the absence of belief in a deity-Period!
Many times theists claim atheists have no basis for non-belief and try using science against them. Clever educated believers commonly use circuitous explanations of revisionist pseudo-science to confound atheists not skilled in the art of debate or research. They pat themselves on the back for every non-believer that they skewer who has no scientific background or one who is easily overwhelmed by a strong personality, so I recommend that if questioned, the novice debater should employ a more experienced orator.
‘To know for certainty that god does not exist, one would have to search the whole world,’ it is said. This is the straw man fallacy. Atheism as a system of non-belief, does not deal with evidence against god, it concerns the lack thereof. The only logical position is not to believe in anything without concrete proof, and this is exactly how we describe weak atheism. Unfortunately there are a multitude of weak atheists who are only atheists for lack of belief in anything. These people usually have no idea how to defend against a theist attack and are basically reformed atheists/christians in the making. Lemmings come in all shapes and sizes and from the entire spectrum of beliefs.
Moreover, you don’t have to search the whole world to understand that things which are intrinsically impossible, such as invisible old fairies in the sky, leprechauns, unicorns and and other complete fallacies that chase to fringes of insanity!
For more information on what atheism read the Webster dictionary definitions of atheism and agnosticism.
A few good reasons to consider common sense( Atheism ).
Of course you don’t become an atheist if you really believe in God. But if you logically have come to the conclusion that there is no god you shouldn’t continue the charade! Honesty with oneself only frees the mind and clears to guilt placed by religion. A false belief in god/gods has several disadvantages. As an atheist:
- You don’t have to believe the priests and pastors at funerals when they tell you that your loved ones where sinful. (I find it extremely rude and inappropriate for the clergy to constantly bring up sin, unworthiness and all the other mythological bullshit when laying a person to rest.)
- There is no one watching you when you masturbate, have sex, go to the bathroom or do anything else private. If I believed in such a god, I would certainly be watching the skies every time I choked it! Only Superman can see though stuff! Oh, he isn’t real either? Shit
- You won’t be punished eternally for your transgressions. (i.e. Hell is a fucking myth and you aren’t going! Heaven is also a myth so when you die yer feedin’ the fucking worms!)
- You won’t be conned into buying $500 prayer cloths and you won’t be giving all of your money to buy god a satellite dish!
- There are no hideous devils to fear (except for religious fundamentalists. Some of them are really dangerous, such as people that blow up abortion clinics and buses, kill doctors or issue death penalties on authors)
- You don’t have to waste your time reading Bronze-age myths to decide on how to live a moral life.